photo space_zpsab443ffb.png photo ootd_zpsvmcsbmod.jpg photo youtube_zpsl7hdozar.jpg photo 88_zpsqoko5stl.jpg photo midnight_zpsssf1cubd.jpg photo home_zpsh9wc5ewz.jpg

Monday, March 27, 2017

My First Few Impressions of Life Here in Lausanne

  • Being pregnant in cold weather is tough because your body is using triple the energy to carry yourself, your baby, and fight the coldness. So I am getting very tired easily here and I sleep earlier than usual heheh.
  • Honesty is key. No one really checks your bus and train tickets. You buy the pass, hop on and hop off on your own. There's not even a gate or machine where you need to go through or insert a ticket. No one will actually ask for your ticket. It's about self-responsibility and self-accountability. You pay for a ticket because you know it's the right thing to do.
  • I haven't seen any billboard ads here on the roads and it's so nice! All you see is the sky and pretty buildings and your eyes get to relax without getting fed with so much commercial info.
  • I like the fact that everyone brings their own shopping bags here, otherwise they charge you 2 CHF per bag (which is a lot).
  • Shopping for fruits and veggies in the supermarket here is fun because you get to weigh them by yourself and just press a photo of what you are buying on the screen and have your label sticker printed automatically. I love this because I've always wanted to be a cashier! :D
  • That's all for now!

1 comment:

Shabrina Hazimi said...

Hai, Kak Di! <3
Omg, I'm sooo happy and axited for your new life in Switzerland with your cute little family!
Tho I was a bit fuzzy at first when I saw your posts in IG.
Thought you're there only for vacation, but turned out you moved! <3
You have always been so cool, without even you're trying to be one :)

I hope you abundant of blessings and good health <3

Big big hugs from Tokyo!

Shabrina (I was the one who dropped by your booth at Tokyo Art Book Fair 2016!)
(www.shabrinahazimi.blogspot.com)

Blogging tips