photo space_zpsab443ffb.png photo ootd_zpsvmcsbmod.jpg photo youtube_zpsl7hdozar.jpg photo 88_zpsqoko5stl.jpg photo midnight_zpsssf1cubd.jpg photo home_zpsh9wc5ewz.jpg

Friday, July 28, 2023

C'est la vie πŸ’–

Finally back in Indonesia. For the summer holiday.


Today I took the Bluebird taxi home, the driver was old and friendly, asked a lot of questions about me which felt very sincere and genuine. So I told him about my life in Switzerland. He was so fascinated and curious about how life is on that other side, so I told him the many things I love about the country, about how different it is compared to Indonesia without trying to compare the two countries in a condescending way of course; just basic, realistic comparisons.


At the end of our conversation, he said to me:

"Miss, I'm so happy to hear your stories. I'm so proud to see you thriving there even though I know it must be tough to live in a foreign country all by yourself with no help. You and your family must be very strong. Really, and I really mean it, it makes me happy to hear about it. I think it's very inspiring"


And just like that, my heart felt the warmest warmth I have never felt in a very long time.


Living in a foreign country is indeed very tough, a lot of us quit and return back home. Very few understand this, most just see it as "oh wow you're so lucky, you must be doing well there". It's not at all like that. It's hard. Anyway, I always believe that kindness is usually found amongst strangers. Kindness is real and it happens to you in different ways. Always be kind. Even to strangers. πŸ’–

4 comments:

ekosusilo said...

Selamat datang kembali ke indonesia, mkn skrg sudah dluar lagi ya mba.. sukses sllu

Anonymous said...

We called it "tepa selirΓ " in Java term, seeing and sensing things Emphatically by getting perspective from other's corner or 'If I were you'. Only the pure and warm-heart people can do that.

Anonymous said...

And also sometimes the the passengers are so busy with their life and don't like if the taxi driver bother them, they prefer to sleep or play with their gadget. He must love your kindness too.. ❤️ -hunz-

liki said...

Yes people tend to see 'lucky you can live abroad'. I always hope you're doing good with the fam. I'm excited to see any of your insta posts/stories/blog posts. Stay bright as you always do.

Blogging tips