photo space_zpsab443ffb.png photo ootd_zpsvmcsbmod.jpg photo youtube_zpsl7hdozar.jpg photo 88_zpsqoko5stl.jpg photo midnight_zpsssf1cubd.jpg photo home_zpsh9wc5ewz.jpg

Thursday, January 7, 2016

What I Wore Today

I often get asked what "fashion" means to me, and for all this time, I have always answered with the typical "fashion is a self-expression", "fashion is art", "fashion represents your true personality". Although all these answers are true, I do find them pretty lazy answers. They are the obvious. And recently I just realized the true meaning of "fashion" for me.

Fashion, for me, is my Superman getup, a source of energy and happiness. What I wear, gives me power. It creates that "it's gonna be a good day" kind of feeling. On another hand, fashion is a mask. Not that I hide behind the mask, but it makes me feel protected. Fashion is like a second skin. I feel comfortable wearing it and being behind it.

Whenever I feel down or sad, I dress up. Because when I wear something that I really like, I feel that everything is gonna be okay, or even better.

 photo IMG_3071_zpsdecexidl.jpg  photo IMG_3100_zpsmihpay5z.jpg  photo IMG_3152_zpsjdidj2ow.jpg  photo IMG_3193_zpseqx1h0tc.jpg

3 comments:

Adele said...

One quote which sums up style as opposed to fashion is:

"Fashion says me too whereas, Style says only me"

:)

http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

Keke Naima said...

suka dengan topinya :)

Adeayu Hadijah said...

kak dianaaa, suka banget sama kalimat-kalimatnya, bener banget kalo fashion itu ngebuat kita jadi lebih baik moodnya XD aku juga gitu ♥

My Little Cream Button ♥

Blogging tips