photo space_zpsab443ffb.png photo ootd_zpsvmcsbmod.jpg photo youtube_zpsl7hdozar.jpg photo 88_zpsqoko5stl.jpg photo midnight_zpsssf1cubd.jpg photo home_zpsh9wc5ewz.jpg

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tug At The Heartstrings

Dear kak diana,

I know we've never met in person before but i am also a blogger and a fashion enthusiast like yourself. i am writing because i want you to have the slightest idea of how grateful i am to have stumbled upon your fashion blog. not long after i made a blog last year, i visited your blog and i remember posting a comment. i then read another girl's comment, and her colorful blogger avatar caught my attention. her name is febri. i visited her blog and we instantly became cyber friends. our conversations took place in the form of comments, and they were somehow always about you. long story short, we decided to meet up. she talked about you and how your blog inspires her. i talked about you and how your blog inspires me too. unlike me, she is more of a color person and i could see how your style has influenced hers. we found something in common- we both love you. we eventually began talking about other things too, we talked and talked for hours to the point that i found out how her high school best friend is attending the same college with me in los angeles. she gave me a little bit of her best friend's background: her name is jennifer, she has a phobia of buttons, and she loves korean bbq. with that information in mind and with the hope of being friends with this girl, i added her facebook and i directly asked her if she wanna hang out with me sometime. after four months, a few shopping trips, movie treats, sleepovers and dinners, here i am in orlando, florida with her. i know this story is so unimportant and you might be thinking "why are you telling me this?" but the point is, none of those things i mentioned above would have happened if it's not because of you, kak. i wouldn't be friends with neither febri nor jennifer, and i wouldn't be writing this at this moment. i am also surprised by the outcome of that one simple comment i made in your blog. i mean, who wouldn't? last year when i wrote that particular comment, i didn't really picture myself being here with my best friend right now. you've given me not only one, but two best friends. you've given febri, me, and countless other readers the window to endless inspirations, opportunities, adventures, and encounters. i will always remember you not only for what you wear and what you write in your blog, but also for what your passion has done to my life. thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail. thank you for being you, and thank you for doing what you love to do, because i love it too.

p.s: i'd love to thank you in person, but being in the present circumstances, i know it's highly impossible to score a meeting with you.

Love,
Talisha Quinta.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Talisha,

I can't believe the princess of Ribbony Boo has written to me...what an honor...I'm your big fan...:')

You got me speechless reading your email...it's so sweet and honestly unexpected. I never realized how a blog could ever do so, or maybe it can, but you had the kindness and depth to even think about it... I'm happy to know that you have your bestfriends beside you...friendship is indeed a beautiful thing...

Take care, Talisha...you're a special girl..

And thank you...very, very much :)

xoxo,
Diana

25 comments:

hanny arianty gultom said...

Die.. ak merinding.. :).. seneng dengernya, i know you are more than happy.. it's a soooo cool fact that sometimes a real friend is come from the nowhere world, the cyber, who try to know and love each other... :).. see how love and happiness spread? ^^

cindir-rela said...

wow...

i know what u feel when u read this letter..
hurm....excited!!!

deekkyy said...

wooowww.....

Gilbert Ganda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristiyana shinta said...

speechless,,
(^_^) so happy to hear that

Atikah Amalia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dinda Nayaredhanty said...

kak diana, tau engga beli brooch yang bagus dimana? thanks :)

EMA ERVITA said...

i agree with her, u`r so inspired person

i`m also blogging because of reading ur blog ka!

Naomi Kristina said...

:DD ka di, u have influenced lot of people :D

Fian said...

wawww, very great! and the letter is sooo touching me too kak Di... >.<

Talisha, she's very gorgeous !

phie emotions.

milla carmellita said...

Really2 touching.
It's right this blog is so inspirasional and I believe lot of people have inspired
Cz honestly if I had nothing to do I would visit this blog as soon as possible, more than facebook :)
Thx kak dii

Atikah Amalia said...

so touching :')

http://atikahamalia.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Hello from Italy!
I've just found your blog and I was really impressed from this e-mail!
I always thought that a blog should help people making friends...and this is the real truth!!
Love your blog, I think I'll read some of your past posts...you are so creative!!! I think you can give me some inspiration for my architecture!!
Take care!
Laura from Italy

Unknown said...

sweet letter! i know what you feel when you read it :")

sherlyn said...

wow, it's so touching :')
I almost crying read it

Vegetarian said...

this blog has been my inspirations.
Thanks diana..

Anonymous said...

inspirational people bukan hanya untuk para blogger..tetapi untuk semua pembaca blog kamu yang pasif yang mengunjungi blog kamu setiap harinya...seperti saya!
cheers! :D

.dcyta.

FlashFash said...

Aw, that melts my heart.

http://flashfashfash.blogspot.com

Diana Rikasari said...

thank you so much, everyone...let us all inspire each other...:)

Dianaurora said...

speechless banget Ka baca surat ituu.....

jadi keingetan sama salah satu sahabat aku nihhh .. hikshikshiks :)(

Summer Heartbeat said...

wow..that is so sweet... i know those fashion bloggers like ribbony boo, michelle 1 and michelle 2, and many more through this blog. thanks diana rikasari! :)

Jessica Xu said...

aaaaw,i guess i got relieved a looot to know that,right? i'm a fan of talisha too....
my dream is becoming like u,diana... a big blogger who inspires people and make wonderful stories

Mery Fence said...

What a beautiful story!! It´s like a film!!!

roo said...

OMG.I have buttons phobia as well.

Violet said...

very cute.. love the chanel pearls

XX
Vi from Cali

Blogging tips