photo space_zpsab443ffb.png photo ootd_zpsvmcsbmod.jpg photo youtube_zpsl7hdozar.jpg photo 88_zpsqoko5stl.jpg photo midnight_zpsssf1cubd.jpg photo home_zpsh9wc5ewz.jpg

Sunday, April 11, 2010

LOVE EARTH

We all love shopping, don’t we? And the more we shop, the more cute plastic shopping bags we get to use to carry back home the purchased items....:)

We gotta admit though, that one of our most powerful acts that actually contribute to a wasteful lifestyle would be, well, the plastic shopping bag. It's made from non-renewable fossil fuels, is completely non-biodegradable, and sadly, is usually made to be used once, and thrown out.

Such plastic bags might get reused once or twice, and some recycling programs will collect them. However, the vast majority of plastic shopping bags end up in landfills, or end up clogging natural ecosystems and posing a major threat to wildlife.

In responding to such an upsetting phenomenon, let us now start using friendly shopper bags. Let’s be more green. Act green.

Therefore, I present you, project LOVE EARTH.




I’ve produced 100 LOVE EARTH shopper bags to give away for free to 100 people who wants to participate in living green in the simplest way. If you're interested, you can simply send me an email with the subject “LOVE EARTH”, and copy the below "letter" to be included in your email body along with your name, phone number and home address. From there, I’ll send you a shopper bag at no cost, so you can all start living green too...:)

“Dear earth,
I promise that I’ll start reducing my use of plastic shopping bags, and use friendly shopper bags instead whenever possible. I will make sure that the LOVE EARTH shopper bag is with me in all trips I make to the malls, markets and shops. And by this, I hope I can inspire others to live green too.”



Lastly, LOVE EARTH is my own personal project that I decided to initiate as my very first, small contribution to earth. I hope it does bring goodness to all of us...cuz hey, goodness spreads! :)


PS1: You can find my email address by clicking the "EMAIL ME" button on the left sidebar of this blog.

PS2: Only applicable for Jakarta residents...sorry peeeeeps....:)

37 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such a sweet gesture!
I imagine myself reading a book along withe the green bag on a big field, sunny day.
Ah, dreams.

PS: can I send e-mail too, even if I'm from another country?

Unknown said...

Ok, now I see PS2.
Thank you for clearing! :)

anon said...

amazing idea. i bring along along shopper bags when i go out too. i'll be sure to post this on my fb for my jakarta relatives (:

Anonymous said...

kak di aku gabs nge klik "email me" nya krn ms.outlook ku gabs dipake hehe jd emailnya apa kak di :)

Agnes Oryza said...

Hoaaa.. Bandung is near from Jakarta... So sad I can't get the green bag because I live in Bandung ~__~

riri.lariza said...

akuu tinggal di bekasi kaaa, sungguh dekat dengan jakarta timuur. bisa dapet ga kaa ?
aku udh ngirim email nya. :)

Rizqy Sultan Alfaroby said...

I agree with your posts, the plastic can break down within a period of 100 years. a long time, every day people have consumed thousands of tons of plastics worldwide. it's time we start from ourselves to keep our earth. This earth is entrusted to our generation

dea said...

sorry,i live in tangerang..it's quite close from
jakarta and i'd really love to have one of your "love earth bags" :D
can i send the email too?
really want a piece of it hehe

Nenden Alifa Syahdazahra said...

I've sent email for you
I hope I can get the green bag :)

Anonymous said...

totally agree with you, dear.. :)

my online shop also support earth loving program by giving away reusable shopping bag for every purchase.. :)

Graduando said...

Hi dear diana,

I´ll spreading this idea here in Brazil...

I love ur blog!!!

Pemuda Internet said...

kita harus mencintai bumi ini...

Graduando said...

Hi dear diana,

I agree!!!

I´ll spreading this idea here in Brazil...

I love ur blog!!!

Anonymous said...

waaa mauu...tapi ak di semarang..huhu...

kalo aku cara love earthny dengan cara tiap beli barang yang mgkn cuma 1 ato 2 barang aja di toko, minta ga pake plastik, ak bawa aja lsg itu barang...hehe...
sampe yg punya toko ampe apal, kalo ak bli gausah diplastikin...hehe...

anyway...thats gud idea!
pasti byk yg niru ide kak diana ini..
hehe...
gud luck 4 your project!

Uniimala said...

Hey Ka Di, "Email Me"-nya gabisa di klik, can i have your email address?

Linda R said...

Smart idea! :D

Anonymous said...

awesomeness!
I've sent you an e-mail kak :D

han said...

send u an email :)
wish i can get the bag :))

katiekatie said...

I'm an official green peace supporter and I've been collecting an earth-friendly cute shopping bag from aksara or any other store that sells those. I'm so glad that ppl are more aware of our dear earth.

I'm from Jakarta :) yippiee. Gonna send you an email!

Anonymous said...

kak di,kalo di bogor bisa gak??pengen :D

mia said...

this is a very great deal bb! Just sent u the email. Better start from the small thing to gain a great result. Mia x.

Jessays said...

i agree with your idea, kak diana
and btw, i've sent you the email, hope you've received it too :)

thanks.

Vonny said...

send u an email!!
hope i can get it!! :DD

Anonymous said...

too sad i can't have that bag.
btw,u make a great way to show support to save the earth
:)

tyra's station

Miss eve said...

really inspiring !
awesomeness :) you are true trendsetter kak.

hopefully this goodness really spreads :D

gonna post and link you back on my blog :)

Unknown said...

I love the idea of love earth bag.
I envy you :D

Kristie said...

tangerang ga boleh ? :(

B a la Moda said...

I think it is a great initiative of yours. I try to recycle plastic bags the most that I can.


xoxo
B* a la Moda

Bella Francisca said...

wihiiy! i want one!
i'll send you an email ;)
hope i'll get that lovely bag!

xoxo, bee ♥
http://missingbee.blogspot.com/

Tara said...

wahhh Diana, idenya keren ,jujur sih gw emang udah pengen melakukan itu, yaitu bawa shopper bag sendiri setiap kali belanja, cuma kadang masih suka lupa bawa, tapi setelah melihat posting dan video kamu rasanya gak bs ngebayangin ya kalo nanti semua orang di indonesia pake shopper bag sendiri tiap kali belanja, pasti seru banget. By the way gw udah kirim emailnya, meskipun rumah gw di Bekasi mudah2an bisa dapat ya shopper bagnya, soalnya bagus bgt shopper bagnya, ukurannya gede dan warnanya hijau ( my favorite color )

angelsofthesilence said...

what a nice act for our lovely earth di... TOTALLY agree with you..

eniwei..please follow me back di, thx before..:)

EMA ERVITA said...

mauuuuuuuuuu

han said...

kak di, i've sent u an email yesterday
but i forgot to include my name, etc
so i sent you my 2nd email
just about name, address, phone number

ps: i used the same email address

Anonymous said...

KAAAAA ... pas di bagian email servernya aku ga ngertiiii
tolong bantu dong.. aku pengen bgt dapet tas kamu hhehehe

Anonymous said...

kaaaaaa, aku ga ngerti pas bagian email servernya. itu ditulis apa ka ?

Diana Rikasari said...

thank you so much for the support! :)

a dreamer: so sorry deaar..maybe next time? :)

Becky Tjandera said...

Such a great idea kak ! I've sent the email , hope you get it :)

Blogging tips