photo space_zpsab443ffb.png photo ootd_zpsvmcsbmod.jpg photo youtube_zpsl7hdozar.jpg photo 88_zpsqoko5stl.jpg photo midnight_zpsssf1cubd.jpg photo home_zpsh9wc5ewz.jpg

Monday, June 16, 2008

Define 'Shopping'

From reading my blog, one might think that I’m such a crazy shopaholic. Just to clarify the misconception, I love to shop, but not to the level where I get mad when I don’t. It’s pretty clear that this is how every woman is, well, at least those around me. We just love to shop, just like how men love to play games or get deeply involved in gadgets or automotives. A man’s pleasure in placing a heart- thumping audio system in the back of their car would be as much as me getting a pair of gladiator sandals, only cheaper if you noticed. But this is not what I wanted to discuss about actually. One thing that pretty bugs me, is about the comments I receive regarding me spending too much money on shopping. So let’s get this straight.

1) I’m a working young lady, so how much I spend is pretty much my business since I’m the one making the money after all.
2) I took accounting classes in both my undergrad and postgrad study, so I think I should be knowing how to control my expenses, savings, investments and the like well enough.
3) When we talk about ‘spending too much’, one should understand the concept of expenditure versus income ratio. So when you say ‘too much’ once again, make sure you’ve performed an investigation on how much my monthly paycheck is. If it’s larger than 2:5, then you know where to contact me.
4) It’s true that I more often than not post about my shopping finds and all, but that doesn’t mean those are the only things I think about in this life. I’ve got tons of other issues goin on inside my mind, but I don’t feel the need to write them up in my blog, otherwise I would feel naked in this world not having any privacy.

Well, that’s about it I guess. Hope this sheds light on some of you people out there.

Thank you for reading hehehehhehe…xoxo :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dee,i'm always ur silent reader. =) i want to share some blogs that i know u would like! get inspired!

http://bamboostereo.blogspot.com/

&

http://www.stilettojoolz.blogspot.com/

so that u can update on D.I.Y. miss that!!

Unknown said...

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com

Anonymous said...

hey, I like your stance on this and totally think you are right. What you are doing and how you spend your money is completely your business. People cannot seriously expect that what they see on a limited space like a blog is possibly all that your life is about.

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Hear!!!

I say we shop 'till we drop!!

Don't mind what they say Diana, shopping is one guilty pleasure for beings like us.... to each is own as they say!

Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

I hate when other people criticize others on their spending. I really don't think you should need to defend yourself because it's your business. But hopefully this will stop some of those comments.

:)

Eyeliah said...

hehe, good post. I totally keep my blog mostly fashion only as well for the same reasons!! And I like to live vicariously through your shopping!

Anonymous said...

Hey Diana, I agree with everything you have to say, how much you shop and spend is your business especially when ppl don't know anything about your finances! It totally posible to love shopping and manage your finances (I do it too)!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a problem with your shopping habits... I mainly come here to read about fashion anyway & you don't shop nearly as much as the authors of some other fashion blogs that I read.

I have a question though... You live in Indonesia; are you muslim? I know most Indonesians are Muslim, but you don't really dress like a typical Muslim. I was just wondering, because I haven't come across many Muslims who actually blog about fashion, aside from a few like Jezzamine the Shopper.

Lynn said...

Hey I love this energy! I'm a firm believer of what I do is my prerogative, and in terms of shopping, others may start worrying when I've asked for their money to shop - which will never happen, don't you worry ;)

Remember, what background you come from and what you do is something that only you have the right to inform (or not) and you shouldn't feel bad if you choose not to.

xoxox

Diana Rikasari said...

thanks guys....i don't feel comfortable though after writing this...but once a while it's ok i guess...:)

anonymous: hi there....thank u for visiting my blog...yes I'm a muslim...:)

Blue Floppy Hat said...

I agree with everything you said..how much you spend is your business and your business alone, especially when you're financially independent.
Sure, there are people out there who think we should wear the modern equivalent of sackcloth and ashes, but you don't have to listen to them. And surely clothing is to some extent a necessary expenditure- as a working professional, you can't be expected to wear raggedy clothes/go without clothes altogether!

Mica said...

this is a great post. People should realise that your blog is about fashion and style, and shopping is one of the ways you can create new outfits, by buying new things! I agree with everything you've said in your post, you definitely come across as a very smart shopper as you always get great bargains! :)

ineedmoredrama said...

it's weird that you get judged that way. it's a fashion/ style blog so surely they can't expect to read about anything else? i mean you could write about other areas of your life, but i agree that it's up to you as you need some privacy in your life. good thing you're still pursuing this and i'm glad you cleared this up for the haters :)

Anonymous said...

hey die, you really my iinspiration!ooh i love all your blog.well,just want you to remember that :

stupid people always talk about people but smart people always talk about things (from shut up,stop winning and get a life)

so,you dont have to listen to them! ;]

Blogging tips